Sunday, October 19, 2008

Henry is home !!

We brought Henry home yesterday Afternoon! He is doing great. Shanna and I on the other hand forgot what it was like to get up every 2 hours. Henry is use to a very quick response time from the nurses at CHLA.

Henry is taking Tylenol when necessary for pain and is on one other medication to ensure his lungs stay clear. I find this amazing given he had heart surgery on Wednesday.

His only physical limitation is he can't be supported by his arms or lifted under his arms for 8 weeks. We are also working hard to make sure he does not pick up a cold as that would pose some risks to his heart over the next 8 weeks.

Henry will be making weekly trips to CHLA to see his cardiologist and to followup with the surgeons.

Henry is a minor celebrity with his brothers Ben and Will. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Steve.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that Henry is home. Ting, Joe Jr, and I are looking forward to seeing this miracle baby in person. Congratulations on this big milestone. Our thoughts are with you.

Joe, Ting, Joe Jr.

Anonymous said...

What great news! I'm looking forward to the pictures. Everyone here in Michigan is pulling for you!!

tom and susan said...

Wow!! We are so happy for you all. What an inspiration he is. When you stop to think about all the silly things we obsess about, here he is showing us what it is all about.. life, love, and family. God bless you all.. can't wait to see the pictures of all the boys!! Love Tom and Susan

LOLClub said...

Yea! So happy for you guys.
I'm sure you are exhausted and thankful to be home. Wish I was there to see you guys and help, so I'll just keep you in my prayers:)
Lots of Love,
Kari